Friday, November 01, 2013

November is Sci-Fi Month!



As you have probably guessed over my previous tweets of things bookishly sci-fi, I'm part of a feature month hosted by Rinn Reads. Like Rinn I have been planning these posts as well as various guest posts and reviews to help throughout November. I for one don't read a lot of Sci-Fi, nor adult nor YA so this has encouraged me to at least tackle The ever-growing TBR pile. So why not join in on the conversation at #RRSciFiMonth or tweet at @SciFiMonth. So let's kick off Sci-Fi Month in style with a little intro post by yours truly and I'll look forward to sharing with you all my posts...

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself

I'm Emma, and I'm an 18 year-old Library Assistant and recently an Apprentice of Business and Administration living and residing in the UK. Aside from my daily jobs, by night I'm a reader, designer, film extraordinaire (well I think I am) of things paranormal and occasionally some chick lit. Photography, long walks and love listening to music. I also blog over at The Girls of YA with the lovely Megan over at The Book Addicted Girl

2. How long have you been a fan of Sci-Fi?

For me that's a very hard question. Without a doubt I've been a fan since the beginning of time existed or just with Doctor Who and Star Trek, hehe. Boohish wise, since reading the David Tennant BBC Doctor Who books. But I think for me the appreciation of Sci-Fi has come when I'm older and I can escape into different sub-genres of Sci-Fi. I think I'm more a TV Sci-Fi fan far longer than reading it...

3. Why do you like sci-fi, and what is your favourite thing about it?

On simple answer: the possibilities are endless and time is infinite...

4. Favourite books/games/films/TV shows in the genre?

Ooo... good one. I think I will give a visual dynamic of my favourite books/films and TV shows.

Books

   I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1) The Lost Girl 
and many more... I just can't think of them!

Films

 
and there is many more of zombie sci-fi films. They are the height of my evenings at the moment. 

TV Shows

  

5. What are your plans for Sci-Fi Month?

My plans for this month is to post twice a week with a mixture of reviews, discussions, guest posts, interviews, creative twists and GIVEAWAYS as well. 

It will try and make me post more after my long absence and trying to get into a routine as I'm studying again now. I'm super excited to get started with this month. SO hopefully you will enjoy it with me... 

So I will end with a very legendary character of Sci-Fi: 

Live Long and Prosper



5 comments:

  1. Hehe, film extraordinaire - me too ;) And a brilliant, short and sweet answer as to why you love sci-fi! ;D

    All Our Yesterdays was AMAZING, wasn't it? Have you seen the film of I Am Number Four? I wasn't particularly impressed with either but I guess it was quite good fun.

    Looking forward to your posts =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeee, isn't All Our Yesterdays just flawless? I love that book to bits.

    I'm planning on watching, alright start watching Doctor Who because time travel is amazing. Have you watched Looper? Great movie. Also, I might ask you for movie recs since you're a film extraordinaire. =D

    I'm so excited for Catching Fire because favorite book in the trilogy. Sighhh. I've yet to read Insurgent and Allegiant and I've been thinking of re-reading Divergent before I do because I just want to feel all the feels all over again.

    I'm super excited for November as well and I hope to read a ton of books.

    P.S. What is the show in the middle? I cannot place it at all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to see World War Z, but I'm debating on whether I should read the book first or not... decisions decisions.

    Can't wait for the rest of your Sci-fi month posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sci-fi, too! I'm planning on watching World War Z at some point as it looks like something I'd enjoy. Not sure about the book, though. Sadly I'm not a fan of Dr.Who (*hides*), but I do love TBBT! Some of my fave sci-fi reads: The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey and Partials by Dan Wells. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I not know this month was taking place? Love this post - and what fab bookish-choices! I loved Divergent & Insurgent...still yet to read Allegiant! *cough, cough* Just a little excited for Catching Fire...

    Will be reading all of the posts I missed!
    Sophie:)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for visiting Never Judge a Book by its Cover. I read and appreciate all your comments. I now reply to them so make sure you check back! And I will try and comment on your blogs in return.
My blog is now a award-free zone.I appreciate the thought but I do not have any time to spare for them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...